Sort and Count— Let's Practise!
Then why not use our learning videos, and practice for school with learning games.Try for 30 Days
Basics on the topic Sort and Count— Let's Practise!
Join Razzi to practise sorting and counting! Have fun and grow in confidence.
Transcript Sort and Count— Let's Practise!
Razzi says get your fingers ready because today we're going to "Sort and Count".
It's time to begin!
Sort these objects into categories by colour!
Let's start by finding all of the RED apples.
How many red apples are there? There are three of them. Did you also find three red apples? Let's tackle the next problem! Now find all of the YELLOW sweets.
How many YELLOW sweets are there? There are two of them. "Did you also find two yellow sweets?" Let's find some more! Find all of the GREEN leaves.
How many GREEN leaves are there? There are three of them. Did you also get three? Let's try another! Find all of the BLUE bears.
How many BLUE bears are there? There are four! Did you also get four ? Let's practice one more time! Find all of the PURPLE mushrooms.
How many PURPLE mushrooms are there? There is only ONE! Did you also find one? Razzi had so much fun practicing with you today! See you next time!
Sort and Count— Let's Practise! exercise
How many of each object is there?Hints
Here you can see the name of each fruit.
Choose one fruit and find all of them in the image. How many are there?
For example, if we were were finding out how many strawberries there are, we would find the strawberries and then count them. 1...2!Solution
The totals are: Strawberries: 2
- We can see them circled in blue.
- We can see it circled in pink.
- We can see them circled in purple.
- We can see them circled in black.
Can you answer the questions?Hints
Count the shapes first of all. This is what they look like.
Compare the amounts.
- Which shape occurs the most?
- Which shape is there fewest of?
- If there are more, that means there is a greater number of that shape.
- If there are fewer, that means there is a smaller number of that shape.
- There are 5 squares.
- There are 6 circles.
- There are 3 triangles.
- I can see more circles than squares.
- I can see fewer triangles than squares.
Can you sort and count the vegetables?Hints
These are the names of each vegetable.
Start by finding all of the carrots and writing how many there are. Then repeat this with the peas and onions.Solution
Here we can see the completed table.
Can you sort the items?Hints
Here are the names of each item.
You could start by finding all of the sweets and filling in the total, then repeat this with the rest of the items.Solution
Here are the totals.
Can you find the total number of each object?Hints
Look at each individual picture and then see how many of that object is in the picture at the top.
Here we can see all of the purple crayons circled. How many are there?Solution
- There are 2 purple crayons (circled in pink).
- There is 1 pair of scissors (circled in blue).
- There are 4 orange cubes (circled in green).
- There is 1 book (circled in black).
Can Lena make a cake?Hints
Here you can see each ingredient labelled.
Count the ingredient and then compare the total to what is needed to bake the cake. Is it the same or is it lower?
Here we can see 3 bags of sugar circled. How many bags of sugar does Lena need? Is 3 enough?
Remember, write the word yes in the last box if there is enough. Write the word no if there is not enough.Solution
- Lena has 3 bags of flour. Does she have enough? Yes
- Lena has 3 bags of sugar. Does she have enough? No, she needs one more bag to make 4.
- Lena has 8 packs of butter. Does she have enough? Yes
- Lena has 11 eggs. Does she have enough? No, she needs one more to make 12.