Shapes in the World— Let's Practise!
Then why not use our learning videos, and practice for school with learning games.Try for 30 Days
Basics on the topic Shapes in the World— Let's Practise!
Help Razzi spot shapes in the world! Practise and grow in confidence.
Transcript Shapes in the World— Let's Practise!
Razzi says get your thinking cap on because today we're going to find Shapes in the World! It's time to begin! Let's look at this shape. Which of these real world objects looks most like it?
The window! Both are squares! Did you also pick the window? Let's do another! Look at this shape. Which of these real world objects looks most like it?
The coat hanger! Both are triangles! Did you choose the coat hanger too? Let's try the next one! Look at this shape. Which of these real world objects looks most like it?
The ice cream cone! Both are cones. Did you choose the ice cream cone too? Let's try the next question! Look at this shape. Which of these real world objects looks most like it?
The hula hoop! Both are circles. Did you pick the hula hoop as well? Let's do the last one! Look at this shape. Which of these real world objects looks most like it?
The flag! Both are rectangles. Did you also say the flag? Razzi had so much fun practicing with you today! See you next time!
Shapes in the World— Let's Practise! exercise
What shape is the object?Hints
Is it a 2D shape, or a 3D shape?
Have a look at this table to help you with the shapes in this question.
Circles and cylinders have round edges whereas cubes and rectangles have straight edges.Solution
- The frame is a rectangle.
- The dice is a cube.
- The clock face is a circle.
- The tin is a cylinder.
Can you find the shapes?Hints
Look at the 2D shapes listed:
What are the properties of a cuboid and a cone?
This ice-cream cone is a cone. This building block is a cuboid.Solution
- The window is a square.
- The mirror is a hexagon.
- The hat is a cone.
- The box is a cuboid.
- The photo frame is an oval.
Does the object match the shape?Hints
Compare the shapes carefully. Are they both 2D or 3D?
For example, the Post-it note is a square, not a circle, so if we were comparing these shapes we would write, no.Solution
- Triangle and desert pyramid : no. The desert pyramid is a pyramid, not a triangle. A pyramid is a 3D shape and a triangle is a 2D shape.
- Octagon and plate : yes. The plate is an octagon shape.
- Sphere and tennis ball : yes. The tennis ball is a sphere.
- Square and brick : no. The brick is a cuboid, not a square. A cuboid is a 3D shape and a square is a 2D shape.
What shape are these objects?Hints
Think about the properties of the shapes listed. Do any match the shape of the objects?
This shape is a cuboid. Which object looks most like it?Solution
- The notice board is a rectangle shape. A rectangle is a 2D shape.
- The rolling pin is a cylinder. A cylinder is a 3D shape.
- The sponge is a cuboid. A cuboid is a 3D shape.
- The rug is a circle shape. A circle is a 2D shape.
Which objects match the shape?Hints
The shape at the top has 3 sides and 3 corners or vertices. Which shapes have 3 sides and 3 vertices?
Triangles can face in different directions and still be triangles.
Look at the shape of the flag, not the post.Solution
The pizza slice, the flag and the road sign are all triangular-shaped.
A triangle is a 2D shape. A triangle has 3 sides and 3 vertices.
Which shapes can you see in the picture?Hints
Here is a word bank to help you:
Here is a cylinder. Which object looks most like it?Solution
- The glue stick is a cylinder. A cylinder is a 3D shape.
- The football toy is a sphere. A sphere is a 3D shape.
- The keyring tag is an octagon. An octagon is a 2D shape.
- The postcard is a rectangle. A rectangle is a 2D shape.
- The box is a cuboid. A cuboid is a 3D shape.
- The sticker is a triangle. A triangle is a 2D shape.